Monday, June 17, 2013

June Card Class!

Hello friends! Hope everyone had a great fathers day! A little too warm here for me and my asthma to be out, but it was a great day spent with my son and his family. My husband and I no longer have a living father to celebrate with, but they were with us in our hearts.

I'm preparing for my CTMH June card class tomorrow! These are the cards we're going to make along with sample of what to do with the June SOTM. I have to say I've enjoyed using this set more than any of the last few SOTM sets!
The Thanks giftcard holders were cut with Cricut Artiste cartridge at 4". On the white on Kraft card, I embossed the bow and the stamp onto the Kraft paper and then colored the flowers with CTMH alcohol markers and added some green at the bottom for the grass. The "Fabulous You" stamped cards were an inspiration from a card that was received by a CTMH consultant for her 20 year anniversary! Happy Anniversary to Karen Pedersen, that card can be seen here! Used Perfect Pearls to beautify stamp set C1524, Words of Comfort. This particular color was copper, which looks great on a brown background! I actually embossed the stamp with CTMH chocolate pigment ink and CTMH clear embossing powder to ensure "staying in the lines" and the CTMH alcohol markers. Love the colors mixed and matched on the flowers for all the different colors! I will give them the choice of stamp in case they don't need sympathy. Unfortunately, my husband and I both lost very dear relatives this week and I need a pile of sympathy cards, so I made an additional 7 cards! these are super simple to make and fun as well as very therapeutic to color!!

The flower pot card was an inspiration from a CTMH rep on a CTMH Facebook page. You can find her blog post here! I created the pot with Walk in my Garden and welded a scalloped border to it and used Bug & Hugs stamp set, Girls Rock stamp set and Card Chatter -Birthday

If you are in the area, come join my class! Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Blog candy alert!

http://theartisticstamper.blogspot.com/search/label/blog%20candy