Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Cricut Circle MB Christmas In July Swarm!

A couple of ladies on the Cricut Circle Message Board are hosting on online swarm in conjunction with the CHA show last Saturday. Except ours is all weekend. And its a good thing they give us until Wednesday to post! I've got bronchitis and trying to finish up the Outgoing Pres' scrapbook! So I tried to incorporate the swarm into the book! I was successful so far on one challenge!
This is challenge no. 1



This is my submission

The card base snowflake silver paper is from My Minds Eye Christmas stack, the Snowmen are from Snow Angel and the background tree printed on the blue paper background is a scene from the Enjoy the Seasons cart. I used Snow-Tex from HL for the snow and covered that as well as the whole card in Sparkle Glaze. I didn't like the effect on the snow, not enough glitter for me! so I added Ultra fine Crystal snow in white from Stampendous! The whole card is really glittery snowy looking in person! I couldn't capture the glittery look on camera.

I'm not sure which challenge # to enter this into! Challenge #2 says "card, LO, 3d element that is Christmas or Winter theme". Not sure if that card and LO should have a 3d effect or it can just be a LO Christmas related? But challenge #4 says use Ribbon, fiber or twine. I used gold fiber for the string on the ornaments!

This is the one inspired by the MB! We head up the Angel Tree for Azle kids. We ensure about 500 kids in Azle get a Christmas! Its really very rewarding and its so great to see the smiles on the kids faces when they pick up the bags and/or bicycles. This page is actually the high school and church volunteers that come in and help us wrap! Yes, each gift is individually wrapped! We really need help! Its an 18 hour a day job for about 3 weeks! But worth every minute when we're finished.
The paper is from DCWV Ultimate Christmas stack. Santa's Workshop title is from Winter Frolic. The little elves are from Jolly Holidays. The ornaments are from Christmas. The bike is from Boys will be Boys. The cute little hats border I created on my Gypsy and they are from Winter Frolic.

Thanks for looking and maybe I'll see you on the circle MB!

No comments:

Blog candy alert!

http://theartisticstamper.blogspot.com/search/label/blog%20candy