Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cricut Circle Challenge #37: Technique Challenge Submission


The challenge this week on the circle blog is to use a technique that one of the design team members used the previous week. I chose to use Suzanne's technique to cut shapes from vellum and use the cuttlebug machine to emboss. I've had this design on my gypsy for a while because I was beginning to think "Christmas cards!" That is already miles ahead of last year. I was determined not to wait a week before Christmas before finishing my cards! The design is always the hardest part for me! This challenge gave me the opportunity to try out my design. I will change a couple of things I think, but this one was perfect for the challenge.

 Isn't she pretty!? I love angels! Half my home's decor is angels! One of my bathrooms is angels! 
Recipe:
Joys of the Season cartridge (one of my favs for Christmas!) for the card base and angel and wings. The wings were cut with the vellum and then embossed with Holographic embossing powder as well as the angel boy. I had to add a little fairy dust to the Holographic to add a little color to distinquish it from the gold on the base. I should have used white for the angel, but I was on a roll with the gold! :-) That holographic embossing powder by Ranger is awesome!
Gold metallic paper is from Collections.
Martha Stewart Stars border on the inside.
Cricut Cuttlebug and embossing folder to emboss the card, wings and angel window. I think the folder is called "divine swirls"? I wrote the name on most of them, but I guess I thought I'd remember that one! of course, I didn't! After embossing the background I used gold MS cats eye pigment dye to highlight the swirls that look like clouds to me! and also used it on the outline of the card base. Card base is a cream color of HL cardstock paper pack.
Hope I've inspired you to maybe start your christmas cards! And check out the holographic embossing powder if you are into embossing! If you're not, this might change your mind on applying it! I was a little intimidated to try embossing but I loved this shine so much I had to try! Now I use it every chance I get!! 
Thanks for stopping by! Maybe I'll see you in the "circle"! If you aren't a member but are interested there is more information at cricut.com



Well, I was afraid just the angel and wing would only count as 1 cut and rules stated 2 so I added this embellishment from All Wrapped Up, cutting it with my E2! That's one of the good things about the E2! The glittery paper is from DCWV Linen Closet and the glitter paper used for "rejoice" is from DCWV Flower Glitter 4x6 stack. You can't see it very well in the pic but the glitter on the background of rejoice matches the angel! Perfect! It was tough getting the "Rejoice" cut at that size with that thick glitter paper! took about 5 different settings on the E2 to get it right. Kept cutting off the e's. If someone needs the settings to get this right, just email me or post a comment requesting that info. That glitter paper in that stack is pretty thick. Thanks again for stopping by again! this is the last time I promise!!

1 comment:

girlia said...

pretty and festive

Blog candy alert!

http://theartisticstamper.blogspot.com/search/label/blog%20candy