Sunday, July 17, 2011

Cricut Circle Monthly Let's Eat challenge!

Hello Friends!!
Time once again for the monthly challenge at the Cricut Circle Blog! I've told you numerous times that I'm working on the scrapbook for the Lions Club outgoing Pres. and this month the challenge on the blog was to create something with a BBQ, Picnic, or Patio theme, AND a gingham or check pattern. Well, that announcement made my day!! I'd been working on one of the Texas Lions Camp pages for the scrapbook and of course its at camp! so it helped me decide what to do with the picnic table on the page!! These are very busy pages because they are very busy at Lions Camp! Its a camp for disabled and/or diabetic children that is owned and operated by the Lions Club, I'm proud to say! Lions club is all about glasses for kids but there is also this camp that a disabled child can go for a week and learn and do things they never thought possible. When we have our yearly meeting with the school nurses to encourage parents to utilize this free camp there are parents that volunteer to come with their child that has been to camp to speak to the nurses as well. Well, there is never a dry eye in the house because these kids come to tell us they "learned to ride a bike when they never dreamed it was even possible!" Or swim or horse back ride! There are tons of things to do, everyone there has a handicap as well as they all learn together! Its awesome. If you know a handicapped or diabetic child in the state of Texas they too can go for free!

This is my submission!

Well, Blogger is having a tantrum I guess again and can't load a close up of the page with the gingham table cloth. I'll try again shortly because thats the page I want to load on the Circle Blog site. I had forgotten to take the picture before I added the pics to the page so I have covered faces using Photoshop Elements. They weren't bad pics!
I used several carts and my Imagine for this layout.  The paper is DCWV Green Stack. The Wood looking paper is from a stack of hodge podge papers I picked up at CK Convention last year from Little Yellow Bicycle. They had a sale where you could fill a box for $20. It held probably 200-300 12x12 papers at least and I filled it to the brim! That was the busiest booth in the center, beside Tim Holtz' booth! The wheelchair is from one of the Paperdolls carts, I use both of them a lot! The #1 badge is from American Alphabet I think on the E2.The papers were from Michaels package paper of 8 1/2 x 11. I should have written all this stuff  down! The lettering for Texas lions Camp is from Old West, paper is again from the hodge podge of paper! The cute little tent with the cute little boys is from Nate's ABC's! I flocked the little doggie with Martha Stewart flocking! Love that stuff! The little girls, the sun, the owl,  and the birdie on the tent are from Better Together and Imagine More and done on my Imagine! Love it! The little cooler and the picnic bench is from an SVG that was in a kit called "Panda Picnic Party" from www.svgcuts.com. I bought it because of the picnic table. I don't have a cart with a picnic table!! It had a bunch of cute little things for picnicking! The sunglasses is from Best Friends. The cookie jar is from Kate's Kitchen. The wheelchair and the bike was cut using a metallic paper so they look really cool in person! And vinyl for the tires!

And last but not least and the whole reason for posting this is the gingham paper! Its from DCVW Flower Power Paper stack and was cut by hand! hence, the reason its cockeyed but I figure a tablecloth's corners are never straight and even anyway!! But it looks cute anyway! I thought so anyway! I'm going to try to post that pic here! Woohoo! it worked.
Have a great Sunday! Get some much needed rest and relaxation and have a great week!  I'll be back later to post my cute snow cones for the day the lions actually went to the Lions camp and served snow cones! They are awesome looking and look like real snow cones! Thanks to "diamond dust" and glimmer mist! Wait til you seen them! Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Blog candy alert!

http://theartisticstamper.blogspot.com/search/label/blog%20candy