Friday, October 16, 2015

My first quilled card!

Hello friends!
This is my first quilled card! Not my first Christmas card! I'm not sure I like quilling! even with the electric tool! It does take practice I'm sure, but took me forever. I know people tell me I'm a perfectionist and I never really believed it until you try to get the perfect quilled shape! I kept redoing the center to look perfect and it kept unrolling the way it wanted in the first place! Not sure if I'm doing it wrong? or thats just quilling?! anyone know? I planned on using this in my card class this month, but now I'm not sure. They keep saying they want to learn quilling, but not sure I'm the one to TEACH that one! I'll make another and see if I like it or get better at it!
Here is my card:
The red and B&T paper used is from the White Pines Scrapbooking Kit. I love this paper and the stamp set that came with it! I'll post the Christmas card I made with my favorite stamp from this set shortly. The bow is Anna Griffins! This was fairly simple. The inspiration for this card came from a Cards magazine I picked up at JoAnns. But it was an 8x6 card! way too big! so I used their measurements in DS and then reduced the whole card at once to get the proper measurements for the background on the tree layers. The Merry Christmas stamp is from My Acrylic Stamp set "santa claus"! love this stamp set! I've used it a lot! click on the "santa claus" it will take you there!
If you have the Cricut Explore, here is the free file for the base! https://us.cricut.com/design/#/canvas/32252279  The label is from the CTMH Cricut Artbooking cartridge. If you don't have that cartridge it won't come up in the file and you can replace with your own. Or you can purchase here: http://scrappinnanapuddin.ctmh.com/Retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=8547  Thanks for stopping by!! If you use my file please show me what you did!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oooh.... quilling ... this is beautiful.. gorgeous... lucky person that received this one...

Blog candy alert!

http://theartisticstamper.blogspot.com/search/label/blog%20candy