Sunday, July 15, 2012

Smell better soon!

Hope you are all having a great weekend! Still hot, probably too, right?! I'm in Fort Worth so we're used to it about this time of year! I feel bad for all of you that aren't used to it!
My post today is 2 cards, one for a very dear friend of mine that has been very ill and my DH's auntw who has similar "issues" as well! they both have lymphoma also. My heart breaks for both of them.
Well, since I love PKS stamps, and when they had a sale a week or so ago, I finally caved and got the Skunk Cheer stamps. But there is also a challenge at the Cricut Circle Blog, so I combined the best of both worlds! as well as my Silhouette Cameo and Cricut! a match made in heaven!




The Circle Challenge:
Weekly Challenge #62: Card Sketch Challenge!
The Challenge: Create a Cricut card using the card sketch provided below.
Rules and Guidelines: Circle Blog Challenges are open to Cricut Circle Members only. Your project must be newly created for this challenge and include atleast 2 Cricut Image Cuts. You must submit a project to be entered into the Challenge Prize Drawing. One entry per person, please.
How to Enter: Submit your entry using the InLinkz tool found at the bottom of this post. Please post your full name along with your entry. Entries are due by 9:00 pm MST on Thursday, July 19th, 2012.
Prize: We will select one winner to receive $25 in credit added to their Cricut.com account. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery from winner announcement.
Winner: The winners will be selected randomly from qualifying entries using www.random.org and will be announced on the Cricut Circle Blog on Friday, July 20th, 2012.
 http://cricutcircleblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/bestdaysketch.jpg

I decided to make one with the Create a Critter Skunk image and one with the PKS image. But when I got ready to make the PKS, my black Stazon pad wasn't damp enough! So I scanned in the image from the PKS stamp and Cut and Print with my Silhouette!! woohoo! I wanted the same kind of coloring on the CAC skunk so after cutting with the E2, I used gray and white Perfect pearls! It looks so cool IRL!! The flowers were also cut and printed with Silhouette!!
My recipe:
Cricut E2
Create a Critter Skunk cut with black at 2.75"
Doily and border from 3 Birds
Banner, pink background cut from CTMH Art Philosophy Cart
Black and White background from Slice Black and White Pad
Pink Shimmer paper from DCWV Shimmer Stack
Perfect Pearls - White, Pewter and "pink bubblegum"
PKS Skunk Cheer up set

I think I'll like the PKS best when I get a stamp! Whatcha think?!! thanks for stopping by and good luck to my Circle friends! Have a great week ahead!

3 comments:

Beulah (Scrapngigi) said...

This is so stinkin cute. I just love it the colors and everything, great job.

Beulah (Scrapngigi) said...

This is so stinkin cute, love the colors and everything about it. Great job and TFS

Anonymous said...

After research a couple of of the weblog posts on your web site now, and I truly like your means of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark web site list and shall be checking back soon. Pls take a look at my site as nicely and let me know what you think.

Blog candy alert!

http://theartisticstamper.blogspot.com/search/label/blog%20candy