Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Finally getting around to the Wedding album!


I've been reading blogs and playing catch up too much to get the album started! Wedding was beautiful. It was very hot. 105 that day! And of course I've been researching all of my carts for embellishments! I also bought 3 more carts I'd been eyeing and they came up on Ebay late 1 night and I could help myself! I just love that "Rock Princess". My granddaughter is a Rock Princess! That one had been calling me since I saw it on the "Chirp"! And Country Life is so darn cute too! Cindy Loo is just precious! I think Rock Princess is going to be my favorite for a long time!!

Grab a drink and/or snack! This will take a few!

I also got invited to a "crop" by a friend. Her church has started one up! Woohoo! I had a blast! I was able to help those ladies with all kinds of things! A few weeks ago one of my friends had been asking about scrapbooking and saying how she can never find what she wants in lower case letters and I told her about the cricut and SCAL! My 2 favorite toys! She went out and bought a Cricut and brought it to the crop! I was able to help her a lot! None of those ladies had ever had any experience with one. They'd seen them but was afraid to buy it and not be able to use it! Now they are all going to get one!! I told them all about the message board and those wonderful angels, for help and ideas, and they told me to "stay by my phone! Cause I'm their new bestest friend" I love it! And they were really blown away by my Gypsy! They didn't have room to learn that to in the same night they said!!

So this is the front! I used the bride and groom from the "wedding" cartridge and cuttlebugged the dress. The book is from Tuesday Morning. Love that store too! It was on clearance for $5! Its 8x8. I thought the buttons looked kinda hokey all by themselves for a wedding album, so I added the lace. I like that a lot. I was afraid the paper wouldn't stick too well to that material so I used black vinyl for the black layer. Worked great!! I have a ton of that because I bought 15 yards from Sign Warehouse for $1.00. Not a typo! And only $6 shipping. Still cheap!! I probably will change the "Treasure this Day" rub on. I didn't have what I wanted! All the letters I have that I liked only had 1 "D"! Wedding unfortunately has 2! If I find or make what I want, I'll repost!

I hear the white zinfandel calling me! Are you ready for 1?! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

readysetstamp said...

Hi NanaPuddin! Thank you for your comment on my blog. I really appreciate it. I became a follower of your blog. :0) You mentioned the Cricut Cricle Blinkie. Someone had made those and then posted them on the message board. To see the different varities of them click on the blinkie on my website and then it will bring you to Photobucket. You can then choose next, etc and scroll through them to see which one you like. Then you just get the html code on the left hand side and place it on your blog! I hope this helps. Have a blessed weekend! XOXO, Julie. :0)

Brens Designs said...

Wow. That is beautiful!!!

Blog candy alert!

http://theartisticstamper.blogspot.com/search/label/blog%20candy